- 6 cups of flour
- 1 3/4 cups of warm milk
- 6 tbsp of melted butter
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp of yeast
- Pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 2 eggs
- Jam (for filling, if desired)
- Sift flour into a large bowl and reserve a cup from the sifted flour
- Then add yeast and sugar(mix evenly).
P.S(if using unsalted butter now is the time you put in your pinch of salt)
- Add warm milk, eggs, and melted butter
- Mix well until dough is formed, then gradually work your reserved flour into the dough
- Transfer dough to a well floured surface and knead for 7 minutes, do not knead with too much flour.
- Place kneaded dough into a largewell greased bowl and cover for 1 1/2 — 2 hours, so as to rise
- After it rises, punch out its excess air and roll out
- Then cut into doughnut circles, make a hole in the middle
- Cover for 15 minutes to rise (if desired)
- Fry in hot oil until it’s golden brown
- Fill with jam (if desired)
- Serve doughnuts with drinks of your choice.