Hello foodies, welcome to today’s edition of Afroedibles. Today we would learn how to make meatpies and sausage rolls. Are we wondering why we would learn both at the same time? This is because the dough used in making both snacks requires the same process and we could just kill two birds with one stone . Let’s get cooking!!
Sugar- 1 cup
Thyme leaves- 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder- 1 tbsp
Baking powder (optional)
Minced beef- 500g
Potato- 2 medium sized
Carrot- 1 large
Hot dogs or sausages of your choice.
Dice up carrots and potatoes
Heat up your pot
Add little oil
Add thyme leaves
Add diced carrots and potatoes
Fry with low light for 10 mins
Add minced beef
P.S. don’t add water
Add salt and seasoning to taste
Stir and cover up(let it cook in its own juice)
Stir frequently as you cook
Once it is done (brown and fully cooked)
Mix 1 cup of flour with water (thick consistency)
Add to you cooked meat
Stir and cook for a while
Turn heat off and let it cool down
DOUGH (SAME DOUGH CAN BE USED FOR BOTH SNACK)
Meatpie. Sausage roll
1. In a large bowl add flour, sugar, pinch of salt, nutmeg powder, and baking powder.
Follow step 1 to 7
2. Give it a good mix.
Place hotdog or sausage of your choice
3. Add butter into dry mixture, and mix till it crumbly.
4. Add eggs into step 3 and mix well.
Cut as you see fit
5. Add cold water of 244 ml and knead dough till it forms.
Follow step 10 to 13
6. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
7. Transfer dough to a well floured work surface and roll out with a rolling pin or a clean bottle.
8. Cut into circular shapes and add meat on one side.
9. Close to form a semi circle, then press the edges with a fork.
10. Brush with eggs
11. Place in a well greased baking tray.
12. Bake in a preheated oven of 375 degrees till it’s golden brown
13. Cool off on a rack and serve with necessary condiments.