On different occasions have I been in argument with people that Ofada stew Is different from ayamase stew. Ofada stew consist of a mixture of red and green peppers with surplus condiments and obstructions such as beef, offals, and all. Without further ado, let’s get cooking!!!
*This recipe should serve about 6-8 people*
20 red habanero peppers
15 green Serrano peppers
4 green jalapeño peppers
2 red bell peppers
1 green bell pepper
1 large onion
2 cups chopped beef, cow skin, and tripe
4 cups dried crayfish
8-9 hard boiled eggs
1 cup palm oil
2 tbsp locust beans (iru)
Salt and seasoning to taste
- First of all, you’d wanna start off by blending all the peppers and onion coarsely. Then parboil for 3-5 mins and sieve our excess water. This prevents your blended pepper mix from being over cooked or getting soggy.
- In a medium sized pot, add palm oil and bleach for 3 mins, add locust beans and slightly fry.
- By now you should be cooking on low heat. Add blended pepper mix to the oil and stir. The pepper mix might soak up the oil, do not add more oil, as the stew cooks, oil will be recovered.
- Add chopped meats, crayfish, salt, and seasoning, and stir together.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins. Then, add boiled eggs into the pot and cook for 5-7 mins.
- Turn off heat, stir well and serve with boiled rice or accompaniments of your choice.
One thought on “Ofada stew”
Oremi olowoshibi 🔥🔥🔥💯👌 will try if I ever get a chance 😅 this looks fabulous
LikeLiked by 1 person